[Cuis-dev] Cuis web package

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 18:42:06 PDT 2024

I created a class named `MyWebServer` and added this `initialize` method.

initialize
    "demonstrates using the WebServer class"

    server := WebServer new listenOn: 1961.
    server addService: '/' action: [ :req | req send200Response: 'Home
Page' ].
    server addService: '/hello' action: [ :req | req send200Response:
'Hello World!' ]

Then I entered this in a Workspace and ran "Do it":

MyWebServer new

This started a process named "WebServer's listener process" that I see in a
Process Browser window.

If I browse localhost:1961, the browser just hangs. But if I enter that
same code in a Workspace, both routes work fine.
What am I missing?

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.