[Cuis-dev] Tagging package for Cuis 7.0

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Wed Jun 12 11:58:30 PDT 2024

On 6/9/2024 4:36 AM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I want to check if we are good on tagging packages for stable Cuis7.0
> and how it works in real case scenario.
>
> So far I have tagged Cuis-Smalltalk-UI to Cuis7.0. I want to do the
> same for DrGeo but I need its numerous dependencies to be tagged as
> well to Cuis 7.0.
>
> *Below are the dependent packages, not in the Cuis7.0 repository,
> which I need to be tagged for Cuis7.0:*
>
>     * Erudite
>     * Parsers
>     * Numerics
>     * SVG
>     * Cuis-Smalltalk-UI (done)
>
> Thanks !
>
> Hilaire
>

> For the record about tagging, here below are my notes. Adapt to your
> situation:
>
> ** Tagging
> - To create a new tag: git tag -a Cuis7.0 -m "Package for Cuis 7.0"
> - To push a tag: git push git at github.com:hilaire/drgeo  Cuis7.0
> - To delete a tag locally and remotely
>   * git tag -d Cuis7.0
>   * git push git at github.com:hilaire/drgeo :refs/tags/Cuis7.0
>

> --
> GNU Dr. Geo
> http://gnu.org/s/dr-geo/
> http://gnu-drgeo.blogspot.com/

Hi Hilaire,

Just tagged:
     https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/SVG/releases/tag/Cuis7.0
     https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Numerics/releases/tag/Cuis7.0
     https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Parsers/releases/tag/Cuis7.0

https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Regex/releases/tag/Cuis7.0
Note that I had to fix a few issues in Numerics.

My notes for doing this in GitHub:
- Go to https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/SVG
- Click on link [Create a new release] (right side, under Releases)
- Click on [Choose a tag]
- Enter 'Cuis7.0'
- 'Release Title' -> 'Packages for Cuis 7.0'
- 'Describe this release' -> 'Code in this release is known to work with
Cuis 7.0 Stable Release.'
- Click on [Publish release]