[Cuis-dev] Cuis web package

Jaromir Matas mail at jaromir.net
Thu Jun 13 11:26:19 PDT 2024

On 13-Jun-24 8:01:05 PM, "Andres Valloud via Cuis-dev"
<cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

>Interesting, no?  That process should go away, and yet it doesn't...
>
>The process should go away because a) it's only referenced by the semaphore, and b) when it gets unscheduled then the processor should drop the reference.
>
>Doing something like
>
>	p := [Semaphore new wait] newProcess resume
>
>in a workspace, then tracking down the references to p reveals a reference from the workspace, and a reference from the inspector (from which the reference finder was invoked).
>
>So, where is the reference to this zombie process object?

The process's myList references the new semaphore and the semaphore
references the process back. So it won't go away unless the semaphore is
signaled or the process terminated from another process (or from Process
Browser, Inspector etc.) What do I miss?