[Cuis-dev] XML in Erudite

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Sun Jun 16 07:26:30 PDT 2024

Hi Mariano,

This is cool! For example it will ease the translation of documentation
to be then view in Erudite.

I already use Erudite for small integrated documentation about
programming sketch with DrGeo, directly in the Smalltalk Sketch editor.

Documentation will be important for my other project "Revisiting
dynabook", and to have the documentation in an exchangeable format is
really a plus.

Supporting docbook is likely what may prove to be the most useful and
simple for you. It is plain XML (Libreoffice can produce docbook 4,
standard of 2006, docbook 5 is from 2016) and largely supported with
conversion tool. It is the pivot neutral format to then convert to other
format. Erudite may just need to support a very small subset of docbook,
far enough for meaningful use.

You are right we need to have support for extension, or may be
cannibalizing existing element, i.e. programlisting, code, classname, etc.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://gnu.org/s/dr-geo/