[Cuis-dev] XML in Erudite

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 04:50:38 PDT 2024

El 16/6/24 a las 11:26, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev escribió:
> Supporting docbook is likely what may prove to be the most useful and
> simple for you. It is plain XML (Libreoffice can produce docbook 4,
> standard of 2006, docbook 5 is from 2016) and largely supported with
> conversion tool. It is the pivot neutral format to then convert to
> other format. Erudite may just need to support a very small subset of
> docbook, far enough for meaningful use.

I've been thinking about DocBook support and trying some initial
experiments, and I think it has the potential to come along very fast.

My approach is this: let the DocBook source be as rich as wanted,
Erudite takes the bits it understands and renders them. And keep the
DocBook source untouched, so it can be processed properly with external
tools.

I think it is going to work.

      Mariano