[Cuis-dev] recommendations for class name prefixes

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Thu Jun 20 01:39:45 PDT 2024

On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 18:38:47 -0500
Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> From what I understand it is standard practice to add a prefix your
> classes to avoid name conflicts with classes from other packages. Is
> it recommended to do this for every class you define? Are there
> guidelines on choosing prefixes such as their length (2?) and case
> (all uppercase?) ? Is there a list of well known prefixes used by
> popular packages that we should avoid using in our own class names?
>
> ---
> R. Mark Volkmann
> Object Computing, Inc.

I once had similar questions,
than I decided to solve that problem once and for all.

I created a Cuis derivate with modules,
which I called Haver.

Please, see http://haver.klix.ch
I did not create a release for a long time,
neither did I push changes to its official repo at
https://sr.ht/~cy-de-fect/HaverOnCuis/

If you are interested, I will create release, based on Cuis 7.0.

HTH,

Gerald

PS: Haver is decidedly not a fork of Cuis, it's an extension!