[Cuis-dev] search path for packages

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 06:40:52 PDT 2024

I'm confused about where "Feature require: 'SomeName'" searches for package
files. I have a directory named smalltalk that contains many cloned GitHub
repos including Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev and Numerics. My image file is found at
Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/CuisImage/Volkmann.image. If I enter "Feature require:
'LinearAlgebra'" (defined in the Numerics repo) in a Workspace and "Do it",
it loads fine. But how did it know where to look for it? If I move the
Numerics directory to the parent directory of my smalltalk directory, it
does not work.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.