[Cuis-dev] recommendations for class name prefixes

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 17:18:31 PDT 2024

As a newcomer to Smalltalk, but with many years of experience in lots of
other languages, my main concern is that I will encounter name conflicts
when using packages written by others if I don't add a prefix to my
classes. But perhaps that isn't as likely as I'm thinking. I wonder if the
situation is different if I'm creating a library of classes that I expect
many others to use. Is there a consensus that name prefixes are more
important for such libraries?

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.