[Cuis-dev] catch of MessageNotUnderstood

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sun Jun 30 21:26:57 PDT 2024

On 2024-06-30 14:48, Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev wrote:

> I'm studying how the doesNotUnderstand method is used. I see that the
> implementation in the Object class signals a MessageNotUnderstood
> error. But I haven't been able to find the code that catches that and
> opens a MessageNotUnderstood window. Where does that happen?

Mark,

If you have not yet discovered, you cam open a debugger on an expression
in the Workspace (CMD-D = DebugIt) and step through the code.

The beautiful thing about Smalltalk is that it retains its sanity while
stepping through exception handling.

Really, the Debugger _is_ your friend!

$0.02,
-KenD