[Cuis-dev] LayoutMorph separate padding and spacing

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sun May 12 04:57:03 PDT 2024

Hi everyone,

LayoutMorph allows to specify a separation which results in the same gap between the border and the submorphs on one hand and between the submorphs themselves on the other hand. The attached ChangeSet allows more flexibility. You can use #padding: for the former and #spacing: for the latter. You can still use #separation: if you want the same values for padding and spacing like now.

I took great care to make the change backwards compatible in order not to break packages. I compared all LayoutMorph examples and ran all BaseImageTests.

I also loaded AllPackages and prepared optional updates for UI-Panel and UI-Click-Select in Cuis-Smalltalk-UI. I will create a proper merge request in case the change gets integrated.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Bernhard