[Cuis-dev] Error when loading resaved package WebClient.pck.st

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sun May 19 04:47:08 PDT 2024

Hi Juan,

I just tripped over a strange error during loading the WebClient package and I managed to reproduce it by doing the following:

1. Start new image.

2. Do the following in a workspace:
Feature require: 'WebClient'.
(CodePackage installedPackages at: 'WebClient') save.

This seems to result in file out order changes in the package file although the package was not changed.

3. Quit without saving the image and start new image.

4. Do the following again:
Feature require: 'WebClient‘.

A debugger comes up.

The code selection in the debugger seems to be in the wrong place. It is in the ifNotNil: path even though the requestor is nil. I guess this is unrelated to the loading error itself, though.

I reproduced it on macOS and Linux.

Cheers,
Bernhard