[Cuis-dev] Beta for Cuis 7.0 stable, Rolling Release is 7.1

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Mon May 20 05:56:35 PDT 2024

Le 13/05/2024 à 22:00, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev a écrit :
> I've just created a new repo for Cuis 7.0. This is the beta phase of
> the release, where we can do QA and fix any issues.

Does this stable release 7.0 capture the state of the third party packages?

Stable release 6.2 did not work for DrGeo, because third party packages
were kept compatible with 6.3 with no version for 6.2

We discussed that at that time.

> Official release of Cuis 7.0 will be on May 31st.
>
> The rolling release of Cuis has been bumped to 7.1.

I have small issue with 7.1 and my configuration script to install my
development environment. For the record the script is executed from the
a Bash script with -s  flag to the VM.

In my configuration script, I setup VM to fullscreen, however now the
fullscreen resize is effective only later, therefore the RealEstateAgent
information of screen area is wrong. The usable area is set to a smaller
surface, the default one of the VM window I guess.

See part of the script:

     (Delay forSeconds: 1) wait.
     UISupervisor whenUIinSafeState: [
         (world submorphs reject: [:aMorph | aMorph is: #TaskbarMorph])
             do: [:each | each delete].
         "Adjust font size"
         Preferences at: #defaultFontSize put: 10.
         "Adjust taskbar size"
         morph := world taskbar.
         morph scale: 1/2.
*        Display fullScreenMode: true.*
         "Compute the available free space for windows placement"
         area := RealEstateAgent maximumUsableArea extendBy: 0 @ morph
morphHeight negated.
         extent := area extent // 2.
         "Open a few System Browsers"