[Cuis-dev] Keep method selected in ProtocolBrowser when selecting class

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Mon May 20 08:53:06 PDT 2024

Hi Bernhard,

(inline)
On 5/20/2024 6:41 AM, Bernhard Pieber via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> While I was learning about ProtocolBrowser anyway I tried to fix a minor nuisance I had with it: keeping the selected method selected when selecting a class. It turned out to be quite simple. I just had to remove selectedMessage := nil in #hierarchyForClass:.
> I like it much better that way. It even works as intended if you select a class where the method is filtered away and back again to a class where it is included.

Thanks! Just pushed it to GitHub.

> (I know this behaviour from VA Smalltalk and miss it in Cuis. I once tried to implement this in a hierarchy browser but failed.)

Yes, that's a good idea. I just pushed a tweak for this to work on the
regular browser too :)

> Related question: What was the idea behind #openSubProtocolForClass:? Other than having the label "Sub-protocol of:" the resulting browser seems to behave the same as a normal ProtocolBrowser? (Even with AllPackages loaded there no senders of #openSubProtocolForClass.)

I believe all that are leftovers from before Dan Norton wrote the
ProtocolBrowserWindow we have today. Just pushed an update to clean up
all that.

> Cheers,
> Bernhar

Thank you very much for the code and for the suggestions!