[Cuis-dev] About Cuis preferences editing

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Sat May 25 11:44:56 PDT 2024

Hello.

The Preferences -> All preferences ... menu opens normal a Smalltalk
inspector on the Cuis preferences.

In my opinion, that GUI is not very useful, at least not as useful as a
specialized tool.

I often install the CompactPreferenceBrowser for editing preferences, I
think it is an improvement over the plain explorer tool.

So, I would like to have a specialized preferences browser integrated
into Cuis Core.

So my question is, what is your opinion on this? Do you think the
current Smalltalk inspector for browsing preferences is good enough? If
not, what would be your requirements for a preferences editing tool?
Would you agree to integrate the CompactPreferenceBrowser or a variation
of it? (it is simple and with no external dependencies)

Thanks,

     Mariano