[Cuis-dev] Packages Held Back

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Thu May 30 07:55:13 PDT 2024

Just an idea..

Given how package requirements are searched, to hold back a package to a
given version: Save+add the old version to a directory
PackagesHeld<version> in the Cuis<version> repo.

Example: I find that making changes to 'Morphic-Games-Solitaire' for
current (7.1) has broken usage in Cuis6-2 (or Cuis7-0).

[A] I find a previous version which works by checking GIT repo.

[B] I `git add` this old, working version to
     Cuis6-2/PackagesHeld6-2/Morphic-Games-Solitaire.pck.st
and/or
     Cuis7-0/PackagesHeld7-0/Morphic-Games-Solitaire.pck.st

And then life continues as usual.. I update the required base-version in
current/latest, which prevents older, stable images from loading latest
package.

The Stable releases search first locally, so they find the "held back"
package but Current (7.1) gets the latest from the typical location.

$0.02,
-KenD