[Cuis-dev] restoring morph locations in macOS

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 13:34:25 PDT 2024

When using macOS, is there a trick to being able to start a Cuis image with
morphs (like Browser, Workspace, and Transcript) in the same location they
were when the image was last saved? Perhaps this is only an issue with
large, external monitors.

I have a large monitor external to my laptop. I move the Cuis window to
that monitor and make the window the size of the entire monitor. Then I
position all the morphs the way I want them. Then I "Save Image and Quit".
When I restart the image, the window opens on my laptop screen and is
smaller than it was when I saved it because the laptop screen is smaller.
Because the previous morph positions make them fall outside the window,
they get moved to a location that is visible in the window. When I move the
window to my large external monitor, the previous layout isn't restored and
I have to manually drag each one to where I want it.

Perhaps the solution is to find a way to get Cuis to always launch on my
large, external monitor. I haven't been able to find a way to do that yet.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.