[Cuis-dev] newline characters in method code

Hernán Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Thu Oct 17 15:02:55 PDT 2024

Hi Mark,
 it happens from time to time. It is usually when you file in a file with a
different newline set than the one used by Cuis, but it also happened to me
without doing a file in... I did not have the time to look at it but there
are two solutions:
1) Select all the code (cmd+a), then press cmd+shift+u and the save the
method
2) In CuisUniversity a student added a couple of years ago an option to
change the new line encode of a class category...

Cheers!
Hernan.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2024 at 11:44 AM Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Often, but not always, when I press the return key to insert a line of
> code in a method, I see carriage return arrows as shown in the
> attached screenshot. I have to manually delete those. I'm curious why those
> get inserted and whether there is a way to prevent that from happening. I'm
> on macOS.
>
> --
> R. Mark Volkmann
> Object Computing, Inc.