[Cuis-dev] [RFC] Make \<latex symbol> expansion switchable?

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 03:34:57 PDT 2024

I don’t know what others think, but IMO we could make it a preference, or
we could make Character class>>namedCharactersMap empty in the base image
and have an optional package to load all the default table, or let
individual packages add the symbols that they need (in my packages I add
extra symbols sometimes, specially when they are not latex standard names).

Gerald, you need to edit latex in a text editor inside Cuis? This is
implemented only in SmalltalkEditor, so you could use a normal TextEditor
instead? or you need to write latex in Smalltalk code?