[Cuis-dev] BoxedMorph padding

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Sat Sep 7 13:49:00 PDT 2024

On 9/6/2024 11:47 AM, ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev wrote:
> And for the rest of us, here is the 3 combined ChangeSets into one.
>
> I think I have now reconstituted all the code I lost.
>
> Again, sorry for the lost fileout.
>
> Please test & feedback.
>
> Cheers,
> -KenD

Hi Ken,

I think this is useful. But I'm not really happy with adding the ivar to
BoxedMorph. I reviewed the immediate subclasses of BoxedMorph, and on a
quick look...

Classes where 'padding' makes sense:
HoverHelpMorph
ImageMorph
LabelMorph
LayoutMorph
MenuMorph
PluggableMorph
TextParagraphMorph
TranscriptMorph

Classes where 'padding' doesn't make sense:
AutoCompleterMorph
DraggingGuideMorph
HaloHandleMorph
HaloMorph
HandMorph
InnerPluggableMorph
LayoutAdjustingMorph
MenuLineMorph
PasteUpMorph
ProgressBarMorph

So, I think it would be better to add PaddedMorph as subclass of
BoxedMorph, with ivar 'padding'. Then we could (pehaps gradually) change
the superclass of classes where we see the advantage, starting with your
code to enable the feature.

Thoughts?