[Cuis-dev] Export vector graphics/morphs to SVG

Martin Michel martin at famic.de
Tue Sep 10 12:11:06 PDT 2024

Hi Hilaire,

> I have very good result exporting to SVG for DrGeo. You can take a
> look at its code, I implemented a SVGCanvas to write in a file the
> MorphicCanvas operations.

Thank you very much for the tip, looks great, indeed! I also had a look
into the video from your presentation about this 2023-07 and I will now
try to find my way through it…

As an absolute Cuis beginner, I was just confused that the 'SVG' package
implements SVG elements but does not (seem to?) hold its representation
in SVG/XML format. If I understood it correctly, it will "just"
translate those into the Vector Morphs. Albeit there is the possibility
to read from XML, there is no native representation of those elements in
XML which can be "filed out" into SVG files. Your DrGeo SVGCanvas
basically does this translation into XML and the export method will
integrate everything into a proper SVG file. Wouldn't that functionality
also fit very well into the 'SVG' package itself?

—Martin