[Cuis-dev] Fwd: [ChangeSet] Extract Temporary - alpha version!

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Apr 19 17:00:11 PDT 2020

Hi Nahuel,

Thanks. This is great!

Still, there's something I don't really like in the changes, and it is
adding domain specific knowledge to general, basic classes.

Something I've been doing over the years in Cuis, that improves
consistency and understandability, is to clean up base classes. Number
should only consist of stuff related to Numbers. Same for String,
Collections, etc. If you compare Object, the Collection hierarchy, the
Number hierarchy, etc, in Cuis against Squeak, you'll see a lot of that
cleanup that has been done. Please help us keep improving Cuis in this
way too.

You added three methods to Interval that are specific to parsing source
code. I think a much better place for them is as class methods in
Refactoring, perhaps in a 'services' category. They would be available
for other Refactorings to use, but they wouldn't scatter behavior that
is specific to Refactorings to the rest of the system. May I ask you to
do this change?

Additionally, I'd like to ask you (and everyone!) to pick a meaningful
filenames for ChangeSets. Especially for the bigger ones.