[Cuis-dev] Morphic's design

Szabolcs Komáromi cuis at mnqpr.com
Sun Aug 13 08:54:54 PDT 2023

Hi,

I'm reading back through the mailing list to gain some knowledge. I found this comment from Phil:
https://lists.cuis.st/mailman/archives/cuis-dev/2021-August/003850.html
> If that is the issue, I think there's a larger problem to be solved.
> Morphic is inherently not thread safe so you're dealing with an intractable
> problem (short of re-architecting Morphic.)    Other than marking a morph
> for redraw, anything else touching Morphic from a background process needs
> to be wrapped in UISupervisor whenUIinSafeState: [].

What makes Morphic inherently not thread safe? Why the community didn't addressed this shortcoming when the Morphic framework was reachitected anyway?

Regards,
Szabolcs