[Cuis-dev] [Ann] First sketch of Cuis 6.1 release - Please REVIEW and TEST!

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Thu Dec 21 05:52:31 PST 2023

Hi Ezequiel,

On 12/20/2023 8:18 PM, Ezequiel Birman via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Tested on Linux and also with a Docker container. All good.

Thanks for testing!

> What I'm missing from the current way of handling Cuis installs, is
> the possibility to easily set a default image and
> startup/configuration script directories probably along the lines of
> the XDG Base directory specification
> <https://specifications.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html>
> and the equivalent for Mac.
>
> Btw, lately I became fond of https://asdf-vm.com/ for managing
> multiple runtime versions in general, I didn't give it much thought
> but maybe it could also be an alternative way to install Cuis.

With this new folder structure and included VMs, the goal is to ease the
experience for new and casual users, while giving experienced users the
flexibility they neeed to set up the environment(s) that works best for
them.

What kind of user are you thinking about? What would their setup look like?

Thanks,