[Cuis-dev] [Ann] First sketch of Cuis 6.1 release - Please REVIEW and TEST!

Ezequiel Birman ebirman77 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 08:42:40 PST 2023

I speak on behalf of the users that don't know what they want, and if they
knew, they wouldn't know how to express it :P.

I looked into what asdf-vm does for VM-hosted languages like Erlang, Java,
and the like. For Java when you type `asdf install java ` and press TAB you
get a combination of java distributions and versions of the form
<distribution>-<version number>, E.g. “corretto-21.0.1”,
“temurin-jre-21.0.1+12.0.LTS”, “graalvm-community-22.3.3+java17”, and so
on; not really what we need. I guess that the best experience in this
regard is currently provided by the Pharo Launcher
<https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-launcher>. Maybe I (we?) can take a
look and see if it is hackable to the point that we can benefit from
forking it?

--
Eze