[Cuis-dev] [Hymn} Re: [Alpha] 403 #green<Crypto-rabbt.Crypto has the kitchen sink

rabbit rabbit at callistohouse.org
Fri Jul 7 20:08:50 PDT 2023

I would share my thinking about ScopedPromises, those over a connection with wire management of remote assets, whether in-memory or over a network. I’m concerned about QoS of the eventual send.

When an eventual send goes out, with a resolution expected, Three registrationsexist, during ::

• pre-existing scope table registration to the remote asset,
• promise to the result, over there.
• an export of the local resolver pointing back at the promise of the result of the send, in Bobs Cat.

I aim to add a 4th registration ::

• a pointer out to the actual message send, as it goes from Bob to Alice, over there. 🫵

With this a QoS eventualContext can be used to do a variety of tasks:

• status, including expectations <queuing time>
• cancel / fail
• adjust priority

I would extend Promises so.

••• rabbit ❤️‍🔥🐰