[Cuis-dev] [QUESTION] how to move changes to a pre-existing class's definition into my own pkg

Imran Rafique imran at rafique.org
Wed Jul 19 06:56:10 PDT 2023

Excuse my newbie ignorance if this is documented somewhere, but I
can't figure this out.

As part of my first baby steps into cuis, I've been modifying some of
the builtin tools (after all, this is a "programmable programming
language', so why not?). Specifically, PackageInstaller.

The changes work fine, all changed methods from PackageInstaller have
been moved into the new category '*my-package-name', and they get
saved out as a new version of my package.

However, I can't find the changes I made to the class definition
itself (new instance variable), or the extensive new class comments.
They're in the image, but are nowhere to be found in the Change
Sorter.

I see the updated class definition in the user.changes file.

    !classDefinition: #PackageInstaller category: #'Tools-Packages'
stamp: 'isr 7/18/2023 01:38:50'!
    Object subclass: #PackageInstaller
     ... (with my changes)

They are still under the original category, obviously.

So I guess my painfully newbie question is this; if I change a class
definition and/or class comments, is there a way to move those changes
to my own package?

Thanks in advance for any help :-)

--
Regards,