[Cuis-dev] OMeta working again for Cuis 6.3

Michał Olszewski miolszewski at outlook.com
Wed Apr 10 13:37:06 PDT 2024

Hi all,

I fixed OMeta package from pbella so now it works again for Cuis 6.3
(>6291). Yay! I made a couple of tests with the grammar definitions and
syntax highlighting and so far it's kind of back to the working state:

https://github.com/michalo1334/OMeta-Cuis

Just requested pull to original repo:
https://github.com/pbella/OMeta-Cuis but not sure if the author is still
active in the community.

However, in OMeta-derived classes it incorrectly highlights instance
variables in red and displays := instead of <-. If someone has time to
take a quick look at the Shout styler code, would be great. Right now
it's an ugly fix so that there is any highlighting at all -  it's nice
to see a colored text.

And then there is the problem to make OMeta first class citizen
(debugging, improve performance, maybe even use it for Cuis compiling &
code generation machinery?).

Cheers,
Michał