[Cuis-dev] Debugger lost variable name

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Sat Apr 20 12:38:54 PDT 2024

Le 20/04/2024 à 15:20, Hernán Wilkinson a écrit :
> The reason it is showing temp1 one instead of the real name is because
> it is showing the decompile version of the method, not the source
> code. That usually happens when the .changes file is not available or
> if you select to see the source code of the method as decompiled.

I am not in the contexts your described: .changes file exists and I am
not decompiling a method.

In fact I have this Smalltalk script, as you will experience it in a
Workspace, but variable name(s) of the script are gone when code is
executed and an error is raised.

May be I should look at how code is executed in a Workspace, because
there, when a debugger pop up, the debugger shows the variable names of
the code in the Workspace.

Any insight on the matter appreciated.

Hilaire

--