[Cuis-dev] Context in Exception

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Sun Apr 28 06:21:08 PDT 2024

Le 27/04/2024 à 20:42, Juan Vuletich a écrit :
> You are still far from a working debugger. For instance, in this case,
> the error happens in a stack frame that is not visible, so you can't
> point the user to it. I don't know if a debugger without a view of the
> stack call is of use... Maybe if you set the context to the one
> throwing the Error?

My belief is the executing stack is not needed for a script, ok may be
this assertion is wrong.

> I wonder if it would best to simply use the regular debugger.

Yes it will be more reliable. If only we could set some preferences to
make the stock debugger less impressive. Ideas?

Context: I  want a debugger kids and teachers can use when editing and
executing Smtalltalk sketch. These users know nothing about Smalltalk
and little or nothing about programming. There is a lot of unneeded
information for them in the stock debugger.

Interested on ideas.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo