[Cuis-dev] Wikipedia Draft

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Tue Feb 6 05:11:50 PST 2024

On 2024-02-06 04:09, H. Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> IMHO, your rewrite miss the needed neutral tone for a wikipedia
> article. It may be rejected again. Btw, you completely discarded what I
> wrote, trying my best to be neutral.

Different viewpoint.  In your text, I saw no study or article supporting
or quantifying "understandable by human".  I was worried that this
statement is not neutral.

The draft text tries to do this by "Cuis aspiration" with TheCuisBook
referencing the aspiration.

I like the "Reduction of complexity" sentence, but without comparison
how would one demonstrate this?

By base image Class count, Squeak is 4x larger than Cuis and Pharo is
3.5x larger than Squeak.

Without numbers it would be like saying some engine company makes
smaller engines, rather than specifying range of weight or horse power.

I see that people are worried about this comparison.  You are the third
person to point this out.

Please suggest alternate text.  We can ask a reviewer when we submit,
but good to make things best we can first.

> The article should focus on what Cuis can offer and also make it
> special, with detailled description. There is no much need to write
> about the other Smalltalk and compare with other Smalltalk, this turns
> the article as a marketing/evengelist writing. We can have this type of
> content, but not in Wikipedia

My blind spot.  I see several articles describing Smalltalks and want to
ask "what is different?".  Perhaps the wrong question to address in this
context.

I will also try alternate text to be better.

Thanks for the insight,
-KenD