[Cuis-dev] Please collect references to Cuis

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Wed Jan 31 10:08:36 PST 2024

Hi Gerald,

Those quotes are from public email. They are from 2007, before the
project was called Cuis, but they are about what got named Cuis a bit later.
(inline)

On 1/31/2024 2:05 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Maybe Juan can answer were these quotes are taken from:
>
>     “Yay, Juan. You GO, guy! …a great example of malleable software
>     (and a clever mind) at work.”
>
>     *Dan Ingalls <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Ingalls>*

http://forum.world.st/The-Weekly-Juan-10-quot-Cheap-High-Quality-Fonts-in-Squeak-quot-tc62426.html#a62427
Apr 27, 2007; 4:53am Dan Ingalls Dan Ingalls
Yay, Juan.  You GO, guy!
You might be able to avoid the step of manually marking up your
text-editor rendering by putting each character on a separate line,
followed by , eg, "|" to identify the widths.
Really nice hack -- a great example of malleable software (and a clever
mind) at work.
Ciao
         - Dan

>     “I like it… It’s nice and clean and simple and pretty. Nice stuff!”
>
>     *Alan Kay <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Kay>
>     *
>
>     **

http://forum.world.st/debugging-Display-need-an-advice-tc62236.html#a62245
Apr 27, 2007; 10:02am Alan Kay Alan Kay
Hi Juan --
I like it also. It's nice and clean and simple and pretty. Nice stuff!
Cheers,
Alan

>     **
>
> I assume, when we quote Alan Kay, nobody will refuse an article about
> a Smalltak implementation.

I think some convincing wording is needed here!

> Best Regards,
>
> Gerald

Thanks,