[Cuis-dev] Global source code finder

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Wed Jul 10 07:20:16 PDT 2019

Hi Gaston,
 I like the idea of using cmd+shit+f to find but:
1) The short cut cmd+shift+e is already assigned to find string within
methods. It works in the context of an Smalltalk Editor and it does the
same as you did
2) Your change introduced two bugs when pressing cmd+T or cmd+F in the
browser's editor because you removed #displayIfFalse: and #displayIfTrue:
but did not add a postscript to initialize the short cut table (Editor
initialize)
3) I think that instead of looking for string containing what you entered,
it should look for source code containing what you entered
4) If you press cancel when asking what to look for, it looks anyway when
it should not.

So, my suggestion is:
1) do not remove cmd+T, it is not necessary at this time
2) make cmd+F do a lookup in the method source not in strings defined in
methods, cmd+E does that already
3) add the postcript to initialize the editor (you can do it from the
changes window)
4) add (F) to the "Methos source with it" to the smalltalk editor menu

Is anybody against changing the cmd+F short cut?

Hernan.

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 9:42 PM Gastón Caruso via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi all! I've realized that we have two funny shortcuts (Cmd+Shift+f /
> Cmd+Shift+t) to insert #ifTrue: and #ifFalse:
> I don't know if someone is using it or if it is there just for historical
> reasons, but I've removed them and replaced the last one (cmd+shift+f) with
> the "Method Source with it" option, which I use a lot.
>
> I didn't find the way to avoid duplicated code on PasteUpMorph and
> TextEditor (see #openSourceFinder), also I don't know how to classify the
> new messages.
>
> The attached chage set includes a postcript to update Editor so it would
> update the shortcuts when you file in it.
>
> Let me know what do you think, have a good night!
>
> Cheers,
> Gastón Caruso

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057
*Twitter: @HernanWilkinson*