[Cuis-dev] Why can't you send to super on private (pvt*) methods?

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 23:05:27 PDT 2019

Juan,

After reading Luciano's response I realized I probably completely
misunderstood what you were saying here...

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 6:24 PM Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> BTW, we'd really make methods such as #setCollection:,
> #setNumerator:denominator:, actually all methods set*, all methods
> private* and all methods in a 'private*' category actually private...
> For example the comment at #privateSetX:setY: looks so silly.

Are you proposing that we extend the visibility to class-side as well and
make these methods #pvt* or treating members of the 'private' category[1]
as if they were #pvt*?  I'm still not feeling like I completely understand
what you're suggesting...

Thanks,
Phil

[1] If it's the latter, keep in mind from my previous response that there
are often multiple private* categories in other people's code... would we
handle those (based on a private prefix?) or simply say only 'private' is
private?