[Cuis-dev] Trackpad issue

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Sun May 5 05:30:10 PDT 2019

Hi Gaston,
 we saw a similar problem (if not the same) with Juan the other day... it
looks like a VM issue and we should report it or fix it :-)
 I could not reproduce the error you mention but I think it happened to me
too, I'm not sure.
 I see no problem with your suggestion, let's see what Juan says.

Hernan.

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 9:07 AM Gastón Caruso via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> A possible workaround to this issue is to disable
> #ctrlArrowsScrollHorizontally by default.
>
> Here it is the chage set for this, @Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> can
> you consider to include this in the base image?
>
> Thanks again!
> Gastón
>

> El dom., 5 may. 2019 a las 8:01, Gastón Caruso (<gstn.caruso at gmail.com>)
> escribió:
>
>> Hi all, I'm facing a bug that is driving me crazy haha.
>>
>> Sometimes, when I scroll down on a SmalltalkEditor the scroll right /
>> left of my mac trackpad is recognized as a keyboard event including all of
>> the modifier keys, which means that it will select all the first line of
>> what's in the editor. This is, if you're looking a long method, you'll be
>> taken to the first line.
>>
>> This is really annoying and it's happening on Pharo too as far as I can
>> tell.
>>
>> To get more information of what's happening I added a print on EventSensor>>#fetchMoreEventsDiscardingMouseEvents:
>> discardMouseEvents,
>> I've scrolled to the left with my trackpad and then pressed the left
>> arrow key, and I got this:
>> # Meaning of array values by position
>> # 1, type (2 is keyboard)
>> # 2, timestamp
>> # 3, keyvalue
>> # 4, keypress or release
>> # 5, modifier keys
>>
>> # Trackpad <-
>> [2, 833516, 123, 1, 15, 0, 0, 1]
>> [2, 833516, 28, 0, 15, 28, 0, 1]
>> [2, 833516, 123, 2, 15, 0, 0, 1]
>> # Left arrow key
>> [2, 963545, 123, 1, 15, 0, 0, 1]
>> [2, 963545, 28, 0, 15, 28, 0, 1]
>> [2, 963545, 123, 2, 15, 0, 0, 1]
>>
>> This array comes from EventSensor>>primGetNextEvent: array which is a
>> primitive (94), so I think it's a problem in the VM, does someone know what
>> can we do?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gastón

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057