[Cuis-dev] [Change Set] Fix on Install new updates

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon May 6 04:11:06 PDT 2019

On 5/6/2019 12:04 AM, Phil B via Cuis-dev wrote:
> I agree that a parse error is a bug.  But do we want it to apply any
> arbitrary changeset it finds there?  This seems like it could cause
> some confusion/problems down the road if someone accidentally drops a
> random changeset in there.  Keep in mind, many of these updates *must*
> be applied in sequence or bad things will happen.
>
> On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 10:48 PM Nahuel Garbezza via Cuis-dev
> <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st <mailto:cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st>> wrote:
>
>     Hi!
>
>     I found that if there are files that do not start with a number
>     under CoreUpdates, the Install New Updates feature breaks due to a
>     parse error.
>
>     Attached is a changeset to fix that (ignoring files that do not
>     start with a number).
>
>     Thanks,
>     Nahuel.
>     --

Ok, but Nahuel's code ignores those and doesn't install them. Current
behavior is failure (that could mean "never put such files in Updates
folder"). With Nahuel's code, and easy way to temporarily disable an
update is to rename to add 'x' at the beginning of the name, for example
(although this should never be pushed to GitHub).

Looks reasonable to me. Opinions?