[Cuis-dev] [Change Set] Fix on Install new updates

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Mon May 6 06:16:27 PDT 2019

I think that cs that do not follow the pattern should be ignored and no
error should be raise.
If Nahuel's code does that, I agree with the change.

Hernan.

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 8:11 AM Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> On 5/6/2019 12:04 AM, Phil B via Cuis-dev wrote:
>
> I agree that a parse error is a bug.  But do we want it to apply any
> arbitrary changeset it finds there?  This seems like it could cause some
> confusion/problems down the road if someone accidentally drops a random
> changeset in there.  Keep in mind, many of these updates *must* be applied
> in sequence or bad things will happen.
>
> On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 10:48 PM Nahuel Garbezza via Cuis-dev <
> cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I found that if there are files that do not start with a number under
>> CoreUpdates, the Install New Updates feature breaks due to a parse error.
>>
>> Attached is a changeset to fix that (ignoring files that do not start
>> with a number).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nahuel.
>> --
>>

> Ok, but Nahuel's code ignores those and doesn't install them. Current
> behavior is failure (that could mean "never put such files in Updates
> folder"). With Nahuel's code, and easy way to temporarily disable an update
> is to rename to add 'x' at the beginning of the name, for example (although
> this should never be pushed to GitHub).
>
> Looks reasonable to me. Opinions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Juan Vuletichwww.cuis-smalltalk.orghttps://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Devhttps://github.com/jvuletichhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/juan-vuletich-75611b3
> @JuanVuletich

*HernĂ¡n WilkinsonAgile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching*
*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057
*Twitter: @HernanWilkinson*