[Cuis-dev] support for variable indexable subclasses of 8/16/32/64 bits

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Tue May 21 10:44:05 PDT 2019

This changeset adds support for variableDoubleByte and variableDoubleWord
subclasses in Spur images, following the same method name conventions used
in Squeak (except Behaviour>>isLongs and isShorts that I replaced with
isDoubleBytes and isDoubleWords to be  more consistent and avoid the
ambiguity of 'long' and 'short'). It includes classes DoubleByteArray and
DoubleWordArray just as Squeak.

I need this in my project in order to support compact representations for
some objects that are performance-critical (permutations,
tuples/matrices/polynomials over Z/nZ, elements of finite fields, etc), and
to later be able to easily improve performance adding a few primitives.

Please review and let me know what you think.