[Cuis-dev] FW: TT Fonts; stress testing; systematic correction of label-truncation in GUIs

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Fri May 24 06:53:12 PDT 2019

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 12:54 PM Shaping via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> I just loaded the 17 packages in clonePackageRepos.sh.   I also have
> Cuis-University and Cuis-Smalltalk-Projects.   I still don’t see the menu
> items.  I must be missing something.  I’ve loaded almost everything I can
> find in quick web search of Cuis repos.

Did you load updates? Menu -> Changes -> Install New Updates

Can someone suggest packages for heavy number-crunching and OpenGL graphics
> (or any graphics) in Cuis?  I need to do some stress testing.

Juan did lots of high performance stuff using OpenCL.
I ported this little ray tracer that might be useful for your tests:
https://github.com/len/RayTracer
And ff you feel adventurous, maybe you can take a look at the benchmarks in
https://github.com/len/Domains that include testing Buchberger's algorithm
for computing Groebner bases, Schreier-Sims algorithm for computing orders
and stabilizers of big permutation groups, etc.