[Cuis-dev] SmalltalkEditor inserts notification at wrong position

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Thu May 30 20:47:50 PDT 2019

If the compilation of a selection fails in a workspace or a browser or any
SmalltalkEditor when doing doIt/printIt/etc, the error message is inserted
relative to the start of the whole text, not relative to the start of the
selection.

Didn't look much into it yet, and I'm not sure what's the best way to fix
it. The problem is that the compiler calls SmalltalkEditor>>notify:at:in:
and here you don't know if the error comes from saving a method in a
browser (in this case it should be inserted relative to the start of the
whole text) or from a doIt (relative to the start of the selection).

Two other bugs I saw and still didn't spend time trying to fix them:
- sometimes the selected text in the debugger is wrong, it doesn't mark the
position of the instruction pointer correctly;
- I tried the refactoring to rename instance variables and it renamed the
wrong variable, not the one selected.