[Cuis-dev] SmalltalkEditor inserts notification at wrong position

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Fri May 31 07:11:32 PDT 2019

Hi Luciano,
 could you tell me how you tried to rename the instance variable? It is
working correctly for me... maybe you are assuming something from the UI
point of view that is not correct...
 There are two ways to rename an inst var:
1) Right click on the selected class in the browser and select
"Refactorings" and then "Rename inst. var...". If you do this it will ask
you the inst var to rename
2) In the browser editor put the cursor in an inst var and press cmd+R, it
should rename that inst var with the new name

Let me know how you are doing it to see what the problem is

Hernan.

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 12:44 AM Luciano Notarfrancesco via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> If the compilation of a selection fails in a workspace or a browser or any
> SmalltalkEditor when doing doIt/printIt/etc, the error message is inserted
> relative to the start of the whole text, not relative to the start of the
> selection.
>
> Didn't look much into it yet, and I'm not sure what's the best way to fix
> it. The problem is that the compiler calls SmalltalkEditor>>notify:at:in:
> and here you don't know if the error comes from saving a method in a
> browser (in this case it should be inserted relative to the start of the
> whole text) or from a doIt (relative to the start of the selection).
>
> Two other bugs I saw and still didn't spend time trying to fix them:
> - sometimes the selected text in the debugger is wrong, it doesn't mark
> the position of the instruction pointer correctly;
> - I tried the refactoring to rename instance variables and it renamed the
> wrong variable, not the one selected.

*HernĂ¡n WilkinsonAgile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching*
*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057
*Twitter: @HernanWilkinson*