[Cuis-dev] New package: FasterAlternativeOverrides

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Thu Nov 7 09:20:52 PST 2019

Hi Folks,

Recent contributions like faster #isPrime and #timesRepeat: are valuable
from a performance standpoint. But on the other hand, the added
complexity goes against the values of simplicity and understandability.

After some private discussion with Hernán, we think it is a good idea to
provide these as alternative, optional implementations. For this I
created a new package called FasterAlternativeOverrides.pck.st. We hope
this package will grow, allowing us to keep the base image as simple as
possible, but also including higher performance versions of base methods
when needed.