[Cuis-dev] Fwd: Re: Feature>>require: [debugged]

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Oct 2 15:31:34 PDT 2019

On 2019-10-02 14:08, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Tried this again, and Feature require: 'Foo' fails as it should. But: I
> think the confusion is that, if I load the same Foo package via the
> File
> Browser -> installPackage, then it does not complain about Bar version,
> and installs both Foo and Bar, in spite of the versions being wrong.
> So,
> it seems that FileBrowser is not running the same FeatureRequirement
> code, but it should in one way or another.
>
> Mariano

Ah!  Good find!

The File List is used to install ChangeSets which are not Packages as
well as to re-install Packages already installed.

If an install-able file is a Feature/Package, there should be a
requirements check.

I will take a look at this next week sometime if no-one else gets there
first.

Thanks a bunch!!
-KenD