[Cuis-dev] Something strange going on with package dependency version numbers

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 17:46:08 PDT 2019

One thing I'm realizing is that it would be very helpful if the 'Could not
find package supplying:' error logged to transcript both the package that
failed to load and this error.  To do this, it looks like we'd want to
create an ivar and provide the package to the FeatureRequirement instance
creation methods... any issues in doing that?

When you have long and branching package dependencies it's not always
immediately obvious from this exception which package failed to load.  And
when you have a bunch of back-to-back failures it gets even more tedious to
track down.