[Cuis-dev] [ChangeSet] Extract Method - new supported case

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Sun Apr 5 07:15:31 PDT 2020

Hi Nahuel,
 the change is not working correctly. The new tests pass, but when doing
the extract method in the browser it fails and the reason is because, for
the same codes as the tests, it is expecting a keyword message and the
tests are using a unary message. I think you forgot to include something in
the .cs because you showed me this working.
 BTW, the validation of the type of selector should be in the ExtractMethod
class and not in the ExtractMethodApplier. I guess you doit in the applier
because you need the selector to be valid to create to create the new
Message, but the validation should be in the ExtractMethod anyway and the
applier should reuse that validation. It does not matter if the validation
is done twice in this context. Remember that the ExtractMethod can be used
from different places, not only the applier, and it should behave the same
no matter who is using it. Having the tests pass and the extract from the
browser fail is an example of what should not happen.

Cheers!
Hernan.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 7:50 PM Nahuel Garbezza via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Attached is a changeset to support something that was not supported before
> in the Extract Method refactoring: extracting code containing temporary
> declaration constructions, this is possible as long as the temps being
> extracted are not used outside of the extraction interval.
>
> The tests for it are in this PR:
> https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/pull/165
>
> Thanks,
> Nahuel.