[Cuis-dev] Porting DrGeo to Cuis

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Mon Apr 20 13:53:41 PDT 2020

Hi guys,

I am thinking about porting DrGeo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DrGeo)
to Cuis. Cuis is clean and small, it will be a nice host for DrGeo, I
played a bit with in the past and it was fun and easy to understand!

DrGeo depends on some framework more or less present in Cuis as graphics
primitives (AA styled line, polygon, arc), i18n (gettext), utf8
encoding, xml support, some more widgets.

None of these are unsolvable, I discussed with Juan and he told me about
the direction and packages to look at for each point I mentioned above.
It looks promising.

I have no plan of execution yet. But porting could be an opportunity to
rethink its user interface and some other design. May be some of you
would be interested to join in and share idea. It is pure free software.

Keep safe!

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo