[Cuis-dev] what is available on CUIS?

giorgio ferraris giorgio.ferraris at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 06:23:53 PDT 2020

Sorry, just sent a bit early..

Hi, Everybody ,

I'm looking at Cuis as a possible target for doing some development (I'm a
long time Smalltalk user, and the minimalist approach of Cuis is tempting
me...) It's just some experiment but it needs support for some basic
infrastructure:
*webServer *: I will expose REST services but all the stuff needed is just
a request and an answer object to play with (reading query parameters, HTTP
headers, and so on), all the REST /JSON stuff is implemented on my code
*database connectivity*: low level connectivity, just a way to execute SQL
command, commit and rollback to Postgres and some other SQL databases

*FTP/FTPS support * : would be nice to have.
*TCP/IP* connections: would be nice also

can you kindly tell me if this kind of stuff is present on Cuis and where
to find info about it? or it should be on some way reverse engineered from
Squeak or Pharo?

thanks a lot

giorgio