[Cuis-dev] what is available on CUIS?

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Apr 21 07:33:20 PDT 2020

Hi Giorgio,

Welcome to Cuis!

On 4/21/2020 10:23 AM, giorgio ferraris via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Sorry, just sent a bit early..
>
> Hi, Everybody ,
>
> I'm looking at Cuis as a possible target for doing some development
> (I'm a long time Smalltalk user, and the minimalist approach of Cuis
> is tempting me...) It's just some experiment but it needs support for
> some basic infrastructure:
> *webServer *: I will expose REST services but all the stuff needed is
> just a request and an answer object to play with (reading query
> parameters, HTTP headers, and so on), all the REST /JSON stuff is
> implemented on my code
> *database connectivity*: low level connectivity, just a way to execute
> SQL command, commit and rollback to Postgres and some other SQL databases
>
> *FTP/FTPS support * : would be nice to have.
> *TCP/IP* connections: would be nice also
>
> can you kindly tell me if this kind of stuff is present on Cuis and
> where to find info about it? or it should be on some way reverse
> engineered from Squeak or Pharo?
>
> thanks a lot
>
> giorgio

I assume you have set up Cuis by cloning our GitHub repo
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev . If not, take a
look at
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/blob/master/Documentation/GettingStarted.md
.

Then check
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/blob/master/Documentation/AdditionalPackagesForCuis.md
. At least a quick glimpse to the other .md files is a good idea.

Now, just evaluate
Feature require: 'WebClient'.
and start exploring it, including the requirements (the other packages
that got loaded automatically).