[Cuis-dev] Porting DrGeo to Cuis

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Apr 21 08:13:14 PDT 2020

Hi Hilaire!

Welcome to Cuis!

I have always admired DrGeo. It will be great to have it in Cuis. I also
hope that Cuis, and especially the VectorGraphics engine we are
developing, will help you make DrGeo even better. I feel that DrGeo
could also lead to interesting improvements to our Morphic infrastructure.

(inline)

On 4/20/2020 6:01 PM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Thanks guys, your indications were useful (discussion took place
> accidentally in the former mailing list)
>
> So I just need one package DrGeo.pck.st for now, some part can be
> useful outside of DrGeo and I will move those ones in their own
> package. Thanks Hernan.
>
> Dave, I am using your trick to convert the file and another one with
> sed to convert := to _
>
>      sed s/:=/_/ int.st > out.st

What I do, that also works, is in the FileList in Cuis, just select the
file, do cmd-a (select all), cmd-shift-u (convert line delimiters),
cmd-s (save file). File contents are overwritten.

> I have decided to migrate the code from the bottom (math model and
> graphic canvas) to the top (high level GUI).
>
> I could test sketch construction from its DSL.

Good approach!

> I have this strange situation where DrGeo classes appear both on the
> Core changeset and in the DrGeo package. See in the screenshot the
> DrGeoSketch class, it appears in both the CuisCore changeset and the
> DrGeo package.
>
> When importing the code I had expected issue with unknown classes, so
> I need to rename those ones in the source file then import again. This
> uncompleted filein could have confused Cuis and duplicated
> information. I am not sure.

This might have happened because of loading the code prior to installing
the package. If you haven't written any new code yet, just save the
package, exit the image without saving it. Then start Cuis again,
install your package, and use a ChangeList to verify your package. To do
this, open the FileList, point to your 'out.st' file, click on
[contents]. Then you can do stuff like 'remove up-to-date version', etc,
and check that the package actually contents all the stuff you want.

If you need more help with the tools in Cuis, just ask.