[Cuis-dev] Layout and proportional padding

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Sat Apr 25 04:00:08 PDT 2020

Hi,

I have this situation below in the screenshot where I want one wheel
widget in the top of the right white column and the wheel underneath to
be on the bottom

In the code bellow I understand the minorDirectionPadding: #top/#bottom
does not make sense as it is a column. Is there some way to add some
proportional padding between the two wheels?

buildMorphicWindow
     | row col |
     row := LayoutMorph newRow.
     row addMorphUseAll: area.
     col := LayoutMorph newColumn name: #wheelsYZ.
     col
         addMorph: WheelMorph new beVertical layoutSpec: (LayoutSpec
             fixedWidth: DrGeoSystem wheelWidth
             fixedHeight: DrGeoSystem wheelHeight
             minorDirectionPadding: #top);
         addMorph: WheelMorph new beVertical layoutSpec: (LayoutSpec
             fixedWidth: DrGeoSystem wheelWidth
             fixedHeight: DrGeoSystem wheelHeight
             minorDirectionPadding: #bottom).
     row addMorph: col layoutSpec: (LayoutSpec fixedWidth: DrGeoSystem
wheelWidth proportionalHeight: 1).
     self addMorph: row

In the worst case I can just add a transparent proportional morph
between the two wheel to insert the padding. But I wonder if there is a
better way to do it.

Thanks

Hilaire

--