[Cuis-dev] Install vs FileIn?

Pat Foley whatispatsoutlook at outlook.com
Mon Apr 27 17:57:24 PDT 2020

  1.  Getting the hang of it I think. I had been reaching for fileOut on my new method as the way to keep the base image clean, but then I get a *.st file and the only option for those is fileIn. If instead I name my ChangeSet and file it out, I get a *.cs.st file and that offers Install from the FileList. Lurching now toward a basic workflow now along the lines recommended.
  2.  New version of the doc is quite precise and makes sense after repeatedly experimenting/fiddling around and then rereading. The new version however does not show up within Cuis itself (from the Help menu). Is there something to rebuild or reload?

(As a newcomer to Smalltalk, I ignored all of this at first: I opened the base image just once, saved a copy and then proceeded to do exercises and experiments in my own little image. That still strikes me as a simple and reasonable way to begin learning Smalltalk.)